Terms and Conditions
- Please read carefully for participating in the volunteering program offer by VWI. By submitting your Online Registration Form and email communication by VWI, you confirm that you acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions.
- You confirm that you have read all of the information available on our website about the aim of the project, activities, accommodation, costs, terms of participation and you understand and accept the nature of volunteering program.
- You agree that you respect the policies of the community and the rules of the host family in which you are staying – if you’re going outside to visit the area by yourself you will be come back every day before 10:00 p.m, you will respect your host family members and the accommodation & pay for any damage you may cause, you will not use any alcohol or smoke in your accommodation. In case you arrive earlier or like to stay after the completion of your program you may be accommodated on additional cost if the place is available. Volunteers will stay either in a single or shared room with someone who is the same gender. If you choose to leave for a weekend or holiday during your placement, you will not receive any refund for any service which we provide you.
- You are provided with fresh homemade Indian food three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Most of the Indian families do not prepare non-vegetarian food so you must respect their religion and not bring any kind of food at home which is non-vegetarian.The accommodation and meals provided at the house will be basic. The money which we charge you for the program not only covers your accommodation and food. All the services offered in the program are budgeted base and we need to pay for several other things for the program and run organization. If you are not happy by the accommodation facility, food, host family members or the location you must make arrangements at your own personal expense. No portion of the program fees will be refunded. You can find easily by your own or we will also help you in to find another accommodation according to your needs. A good guest house/hotel including 3 meals per day can cost extra 3,000 INR per day ( $350 weekly ) in Jaipur.
- VWI provide transportation facility for volunteers pick up service on day 1, every day project transportation and weekend sightseeing tours in Jaipur. Volunteers need to pay extra direct to the taxi driver if they wish to go somewhere for their own personal interest, emergency or airport drop off on last day.
- All our volunteer programs have everyday attendance of children & women around 20-30. Due to some unforeseen circumstances or festival holidays may be you can found lesser attendance of children in class. While your program running if organization found this situation may be we can ask you to join our other children programs which have good attendance of children to make your successful program.
- You also needs to aware if you are joining the elephant project that the Elephants in the village goes for the tourist ride at Amber fort, can found in chain and used for Tourism purpose. We have Elephant Village where elephants live together & getting cared by their mahouts. By tourist riding in morning for elephants are the income source of Mahouts. After joining the program you find yourself not happy by the project; VWI will not refund any program fees to you. Kindly make yourself double ensure by the environment with us over email before joining.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions you agree that VWI can use your photos, videos and written feedback from the project to post on its website or in any other web domains for the promotion of volunteer programs.
- Our Program Payment System – Volunteers have to pay us the complete program fees before they arrived. Also if we don’t receive the application amount of $250 in advance we won’t able to make your placement. You can pay the balance remaining amount before 30 days of your project starting date. We need to pay in advance to your host family accommodation, meals, transportation, we also need to pay our staff members and redirect funds to the projects.
- You are satisfied for the fees which we charge you and understand where the money go from your fees. We have mentioned in our website that 36% is used for Accommodation & 3 Meals Per day. 28% is used for your Day 1 Arrival pickup charges, everyday transportation facility for you to reach at the volunteer program site, weekend sightseeing and emergency case. 15% is used for the program site as a donation. 4.9% is used for Bank Transfer Charges & 15.1% used for Program Coordination/Administration/Staff-Allowance/Web Management/Advertising Cost/Staff Allowance/Communication Cost & All Misc Exp to run Organization.
- You should hold a valid passport/visa for the entire duration of your travel. You will have to obtain an Indian visa on your own to entry into the country. VWI will not be responsible in any case if you do not carefully read & follow visa rules and apply for appropriate visa.
- Please consult your doctor to see what vaccinations you need before coming here.
- Insurance and Liability – The program fees do not cover any insurance and liability of you. It is your sole responsibility to arrange for such insurance and liability coverage in such amounts as you deem adequate or necessary. You may need during the project coverage for: light work; the cost of cancellation of the placement that you could do; the cost of assistance including repatriation in the event of accident or illness; legal liability and expenses; lost baggage; medical expenses; kidnapping; death, liability arising due to personal injury. You are also solely responsible for maintaining any necessary insurance documents with you as may be needed to prove any insurance coverage available to you. The organization do not take any responsibility for any kind of accident/disease – Attack by elephants or any street animals with you while working/staying in the program. We will not be liable for any damages resulting from your failure to buy appropriate insurance.
- VWI will not be responsible for your any kind of Lost/Theft of money, baggage and personal things during the program. Please take care of your things by your own at the accommodation, project site, in tuk-tuk (auto-rickshaw) or travel by your own. Organization will not pay for your any lost or theft.
- Information Update- We update our website on monthly basis. Kindly make yourself updated with us or check our website if there is anything change in the program or any terms.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Deposit Fees: – Once you confirm us your availablity to join by making the deposit fee payment it will not be refunded under any circumstance. Refund of program fee Cancellation of volunteer program by client: – Volunteering With India (VWI) incurs a lot of charges in order to provide placement for their volunteers. If someone cancels the program after payment of program fee 60 days prior to departure, we would refund 70% of the program fee only. Cancellation 30 days prior to start date, the client would be refunded with 50% of the program fee only & any cancellation done with 30 days of the program start date, the client will NOT receive any refund whatsoever. Under any circumstances the total program fee will not be refunded to the client. Also, if the volunteer once reaches here to do his/her signed up program and if he/she does his/her program for a day and if he/she expresses his/her inability to do the program for remaining period,or not happy by the program no portion amount of the fee once deposited will be refunded. Kindly ensure yourself before joining the volunteering program. Cancellation by Volunteering With India: – In case Volunteering With India cancels the volunteer program due to unavoidable and unforeseen circumstances, will refund the program fee calculated on a pro-rata basis for the remaining period of the program declared to be cancelled excluding 5% (five percent) bank charges. Payment of refunds: – VWI will refund the applicable refund amount to the client within 100 (one hundred) days of confirmation of cancellation.
Immediate Termination of Agreement by VWI: VWI discovers that you are involved in any illegal activities or convicted of any criminal activities before or during the project period. We cannot admit you without depositing the complete program fee. The rooms are shared by the volunteers with the same gender, group, couple or your family members which are doing the program with you. If you don’t shared your room with other volunteer you will terminate from the program on immediate basis. If it is found that your behavior is threatening or unacceptable to the society or anyone involved with the project based on the judgment of the project staff and/or program coordinator. Any information provided by you to VWI at the time of enrollment is found to be incorrect or false information about your medical or mental health conditions. If it is found that you are using drugs or intoxicating material during the course of the project. If you are found to be engaged in sexual behavior while you stay in the volunteers’ home/host family. If we find that you are not following the rules regulations & terms condition of the volunteering program. You must need to respect & understand that you are working in an under-developed country. If you are found to disrespect the image of the organization/host family members/ facilities getting in host country and making propaganda against the organization. In case the agreement is terminated due to volunteers’ involvement in any of the above activities, he/they will not be entitled to work anymore for VWI.